- Meeting Dates
- What We Do
- Board Members
- Volunteer Opportunities
- 2020 Winter Carnival
- Photo Gallery
- Supports and organizes fundraising programs and extracurricular activities of the school including; FIELD TRIPS, ASSEMBLIES, SOCKS DAY, MARCH IS READING MONTH, FIELD DAY and so much MORE!
- Recruits volunteers and coordinate volunteer efforts to staff PTO functions!
- Establishes and maintains a working relationship among parents, students and community - it takes a village!
Together...we care, we grow, we lead!
- Jeni Dougherty – President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michelle Redington – Vice President (email@example.com)
- Kimberly Buchholz – Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Angie Klobucar - Asst. Treasurer (email@example.com)
- Jaci Fredericksen – Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nate Fuller - Principal (email@example.com)
- Patricia Douglas - Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
OUR SCHOOL NEEDS YOU!
Interested in volunteering with the IE PTO? Could you spare a little time to help pre-plan or work an event?
We are always looking for people interested in having fun while spending time making Independence Elementary even better whether it is chairing/co-chairing an annual event or helping the day of the events! A Sign-Up Genius will be sent out prior to each event for volunteer opportunities!
You can also get in touch with our volunteer coordinator: Megan O'Connell (email@example.com).
- HOSPITALITY: "Tears and Cheers" breakfast (Date: TBD) Chairperson: Suzanne Archer (firstname.lastname@example.org) Co-Chair needed.
- KINDERGARTEN ORIENTATION: (Date: TBD) Chairperson Suzanne Archer (email@example.com) Co-Chair needed.
- PICTURE DAY: (Date: TBD) Chairperson: Tammy Gerard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PTO VOLUNTEER MEETING: (Date: TBD)
- SPIRIT WEAR: (October, Ddate: TBD) Chairperson: Emily Johnson (Emily.email@example.com)
- FUN RUN: (Date: TBD) http://thegetmovincrew.com. Chairperson: Allyson Hemsworth (Allyson.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PICTURE RE-TAKE DAY: (Date: TBD) Chairperson: Tammy Gerard (email@example.com)
- TEACHER MEALS (Date: TBD) Chairperson: Julie Mielnicki (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- HOSPITALITY: "Donuts with Dads" (Date: TBD) Chairperson: Suzanne Archer (email@example.com) Co-Chair needed.
- WINTER CARNIVAL: (Date: TBD) Chairperson: Michelle Redington (firstname.lastname@example.org), Co-chair needed.
- BOOK FAIR/LIBRARY VOLUNTEERS: (Date: TBD) Chairperson: Cheri Troutvine (email@example.com)
- TEACHER MEALS: (Date: TBD) Chairperson: Julie Mielnicki (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- HOSPITALITY: "Mornings with Moms” (Date: TBD) Chairperson: Suzanne Archer (email@example.com) Co-Chair needed.
- S.O.C.K.S. Day: (Date: TBD) S.O.C.K.S. Day -- Serving Our Community Kids Style. Chairpersons: Allyson Hemsworth (Allyson.firstname.lastname@example.org) & Kelly Duty (Kelly.email@example.com)
- KINDERGARTEN ORIENTATION: (Date: TBD)
- STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK: (Date: TBD) Chairperson: Kelly Duty (Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- YOUNG FIVE'S ORIENTATION: (Date: TBD)
- VARIETY SHOW: (Rehearsal-Date:TBD, Show- Date: TBD) Chairperson: Mary Kay Hill (email@example.com)
- FIELD DAY: (Date: TBD) Tricia Land (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- FIFTH GRADE CELEBRATION: (Date: TBD) Chairperson/Co-chair needed
- LEARNING GARDEN: Chairperson Erin Werner (Erin@erinwernerphotography.com), Co-Chair needed.
- DIFFERENCES DAY: (Date: TBD ) Chairperson/Co-Chair Needed.
The Box Tops for Education program is an easy way to support our school. Simply Clip Box Top coupons – worth 10 cents each – from hundreds of products, and send them into school. Each completed form earns IE $1.00.
Box Tops coupons have raised $1885.00 in the 17-18 school year!
For more information, go to www.btfe.com.
Go to smile.amazon.com. If you already have an Amazon account, sign in, and it will prompt you to select your charity.
- Search for Independence Elementary.
- Start shopping! Be sure to go to smile.amazon.com each time you shop.
Amazon Smile will be donating money DIRECTLY to Independence Elementary, whenever you shop Amazon Smile.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases the charitable organization.
Amazon Smile rewards have raised $120.00 in the 17-18 school year!
Just Shop, Swipe and Earn! The Kroger Community Rewards program allows IE to receive a cash donation based on the percentage of your purchases once you link your Kroger Plus Card to our Account #82420. It's free and easy to set up. You must enroll to earn rewards. Click on www.KrogerCommunityRewards.com for more information. Participating in Kroger Community Rewards does not affect your fuel points.
IE received a little over $3,500.00 last year with this program with 120 households participating !
If you use your phone number at the register or don’t remember your Kroger Plus card number, you may call 1-800-KROGERS for assistance.
What are Bronco Bucks? Bronco Bucks are also known as "scrip" cards, and are gift certificates from 700+ national and local retailers.
They're the SAME gift certificates you buy at the store...and they help raise money for our school!
Gift certificates are sold to us at a discount –our families buy the cards for full face value, redeem them for full face value, and our school keeps the difference as revenue (average of 5% profit). Go to www.shopwithscrip.com.
We have ordered $35,000+ in gifts cards and raised over $1900 that is used to support our school and classrooms!
Office Depot will give the school credits to purchase FREE supplies through their 5% Back to Schools Program. Simply mention that you would like IE to receive credit for your purchase at the cash register and/or give them our account number (70049198), and the school will receive 5% of your qualifying purchase. Visit www.officedepot.com/a/promo/backtoschool/5percent/ for more information.
These reward points have earned IE over $6,200.00 last year - imagine the amount that could be raised if everyone was to participate!
Thank you parents for all you do for the passive fundraising programs!
**If you have any questions regarding the passive fundraising programs, please contact Carrera Gach - email@example.com.