- Meeting Dates
- What We Do
- Board Members
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Photo Gallery
- Winter Carnival 2019
- Supports and organizes fundraising programs and extracurricular activities of the school including; FIELD TRIPS, ASSEMBLIES, SOCKS DAY, MARCH IS READING MONTH, FIELD DAY and so much MORE!
- Recruits volunteers and coordinate volunteer efforts to staff PTO functions!
- Establishes and maintains a working relationship among parents, students and community - it takes a village!
Together.....we care, we grow, we lead!
I.E. PTO EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS 2018-2019
- Jeni Dougherty – President (email@example.com)
- Michelle Redington – Vice President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sarah Malys – Treasurer (email@example.com )
- Kimberly Buchholz – Assistant Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jaci Fredericksen – Secretary (email@example.com)
- Nate Fuller - Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Patricia Douglas - Secretary (email@example.com)
OUR SCHOOL NEEDS YOU!!
Interested in volunteering with the IE PTO? Could you spare a little time to help?
We are always looking for people interested in having fun while spending time making Independence Elementary even better whether it is chairing/co-chairing an annual event or helping the day of the events! Check out the list of volunteer opportunities at this link:
You can also get in touch with our volunteer coordinator: Angie Klobucar (firstname.lastname@example.org) or scan code below on your Smartphone to link to our volunteer Sign-up-Genius to sign up for these fun activities!
- YOUNG FIVE'S ORIENTATION: (April)
- KINDERGARTEN ORIENTATION: (April)
- HOSPITALITY: "Tears and Cheers" breakfast (August 7th) Chairperson: Suzanne Archer (email@example.com) Co-Chair needed.
- KINDERGARTEN ORIENTATION: (August 22nd) Chairperson Suzanne Archer (firstname.lastname@example.org) Co-Chair needed.
- PICTURE DAY: (Sept 18th) Chairperson: Tammy Gerard (email@example.com)
- SPIRIT WEAR: (October) Chairpeople: Tonia Bohne (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Emily Johnson (Emily.email@example.com)
- FUN RUN: (Oct 19th) http://thegetmovincrew.com. Chairperson: Allyson Hemsworth (Allyson.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PICTURE RE-TAKE DAY: (Oct 30th) Chairperson: Tammy Gerard (email@example.com)
- TEACHER MEALS: (November 6th & 8th) Chairperson: Julie Mielnicki (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- WINTER CARNIVAL: (Feb 8th, 2019 6:00-8:30pm) Chairperson: Michelle Redington (email@example.com)
- HOSPITALITY: "Donuts with Dads" (March 5th & 6th 2019) Chairperson: Suzanne Archer (firstname.lastname@example.org) Co-Chair needed.
- BOOK FAIR/LIBRARY VOLUNTEERS: (March 18-22) Chairperson: Cheri Troutvine (email@example.com)
- TEACHER MEALS: (March 19th & 21st, 2019) Chairperson: Julie Mielnicki (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- S.O.C.K.S. Day: (April 26th, 2019) S.O.C.K.S. Day -- Serving Our Community Kids Style. Chairpersons: Allyson Hemsworth (Allyson.email@example.com) & Kelly Duty (Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK: (May 6th-10th) Chairperson: Kelly Duty (Kelly.email@example.com)
- HOSPITALITY: "Muffins with Moms” (May 7th & 8th 2019) Chairperson: Suzanne Archer (firstname.lastname@example.org) Co-Chair needed.
- FIELD DAY: (May 31st, 2019) Tricia Land (email@example.com)
- VARIETY SHOW: (Rehearsal-May 15th @ 4:30-6:30 pm, Show- May 16th @ 6:30pm) Chairperson: Mary Kay Hill (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- FIFTH GRADE CELEBRATION: (June 6th, 2019) Chairperson/Co-chair needed
- LEARNING GARDEN: Chairperson Erin Werner (Erin@erinwernerphotography.com), Co-Chair needed.
- DIFFERENCES DAY: ( ) Chairperson/Co-Chair Needed.
PLEASE GO TO OUR IE'S SCHOOL CALENDAR WITH PTO ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS FOR THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR!
The Box Tops for Education program is an easy way to support our school. Simply Clip Box Top coupons – worth 10 cents each – from hundreds of products, and send them into school. Each completed form earns IE $1.00.
Box Tops coupons have raised $1885.00 in the 17-18 school year!
For more information, go to www.btfe.com.
Go to smile.amazon.com. If you already have an Amazon account, sign in, and it will prompt you to select your charity.
- Search for Independence Elementary.
- Start shopping! Be sure to go to smile.amazon.com each time you shop.
Amazon Smile will be donating money DIRECTLY to Independence Elementary, whenever you shop Amazon Smile.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible Amazon Smile purchases the charitable organization.
Amazon Smile rewards have raised $120.00 in the 17-18 school year!
Just Shop, Swipe and Earn! The Kroger Community Rewards program allows IE to receive a cash donation based on the percentage of your purchases once you link your Kroger Plus Card to our Account #82420. It's free and easy to set up. You must enroll to earn rewards. Click on www.KrogerCommunityRewards.com for more information. Participating in Kroger Community Rewards does not affect your fuel points.
IE received a little over $3,500.00 last year with this program with 120 households participating !
If you use your phone number at the register or don’t remember your Kroger Plus card number, you may call 1-800-KROGERS for assistance.
What are Bronco Bucks? Bronco Bucks are also known as "scrip" cards, and are gift certificates from 700+ national and local retailers.
They're the SAME gift certificates you buy at the store...and they help raise money for our school!
Gift certificates are sold to us at a discount –our families buy the cards for full face value, redeem them for full face value, and our school keeps the difference as revenue (average of 5% profit). Go to www.shopwithscrip.com.
We have ordered $35,000+ in gifts cards and raised over $1900 that is used to support our school and classrooms!
Office Depot will give the school credits to purchase FREE supplies through their 5% Back to Schools Program. Simply mention that you would like IE to receive credit for your purchase at the cash register and/or give them our account number (70049198), and the school will receive 5% of your qualifying purchase. Visit www.officedepot.com/a/promo/backtoschool/5percent/ for more information.
These reward points have earned IE over $6,200.00 last year - imagine the amount that could be raised if everyone was to participate!
Thank you parents for all you do for the passive fundraising programs!
**If you have any questions regarding the passive fundraising programs, please contact Carrera Gach - email@example.com.
IE's 5th annual Winter Carnival is February 8th, 2019. save the date for a fun-filled night!
Average # of tickets/game = 3
Please go to:
to purchase your game tickets by credit card!!!
We can use your help at the event!!
Please go to:
to sign up to volunteer!!
CAKE WALK DONATIONS:
Calling all bakers!!
Please go to:
to donate baked goods for our cake walk game!